Principal Global Investors
Watch breaking news videos and read news updates about Principal Global Investors on pionline.com
Best Places to Work Winner: Principal
An art-filled campus in Des Moines, Iowa, and a global perspective have helped Principal Financial Group attract and retain a diverse workforce.
Principal Global adds to marketing team
Dale Kindregan was named director, institutional marketing, at Principal Global Investors.
Principal buys majority stake in global equity firm Origin
Principal Global Investors will acquire a 74% stake in London-based global equity manager Origin Asset Management for £40.7 million ($65 million), confirmed Paula Chizek, Principal spokeswoman. Origin partners will retain the remaining 26% stake in the firm. The deal strengthens PGI’s global equity
Money managers join in jettisoning DB plans
Fidelity and Citigroup join the growing ranks of money management firms, including Old Mutual Asset Management and Franklin Templeton Investments Inc., that never offered or no longer provide defined benefit plans to new employees
Principal Global buys 70% stake in Columbus Circle
Principal Global Investors will pay $60 million to acquire a 70% interest in Columbus Circle Investors, a growth equity money manager with more than $3 billion in assets under management, said Christina Marchetti, Principal spokeswoman. Columbus Circle, a predominantly institutional manager, will
Principal Global in expansive mood, looking across Atlantic
A year after dumping the majority of a disastrous Australian venture that cost the firm A$1.2 billion (US$640 million), Principal Global Investors, Des Moines, Iowa, is once again on the expansion trail. Last month, it paid $100 million for a 68% stake in MW Post Advisory Group, Los Angeles, a